University of Melbourne Health Economics Group
This research group, known collectively as UMHEG, is a cross-faculty network of health economists based primarily at the University of Melbourne.
The Group aims to:
- Conduct high quality, policy relevant research across a number of areas of applied health economics
- Build capacity in health economics through post-graduate research supervision and teaching
- Create a supportive environment for health economists working across the University, and
- Raise the profile of health economics across the University.
Members of this research group are drawn from the following faculties and schools:
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research
- Department of Economics
- Melbourne School of Population and Global Health
- Health Economics Unit, Centre for Health Policy
- Nossal Institute for Global Health
UMHEG conducts collaborative research, supervises post-graduate students, mentors academic staff and hosts an annual health economics workshop.