The National Advisory Group provides the main link between MABEL and key stakeholders in medical workforce policy. The group meets once a year.
The National Advisory Group is comprised of senior members from the following
- Ms Robyn Burley, Director of Workforce Planning and Development, New South Wales Ministry of Health
- Mr Paul Cutting, Director of Rural Distribution, Health Workforce Division, Department of Health
- Professor Richard Doherty, Dean, The Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Ms Maureen McCarty, Director of Workforce Data Analysis and Planning, Health Workforce Division, Department of Health
- Mr Dean Raven, Director of Health Workforce, Department of Health and Human Services - Victoria
- Mr Chris Robertson, Executive Director of Strategy and Policy, Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Ms Peta Rutherford, Chief Executive Officer, Rural Doctors Association of Australia
- Dr Bernadette Wilks, Australian Medical Association Council of Doctors in Training
- Nominee, Australian Medical Students' Association
- Nominee, Rural Health Workforce Australia
MABEL Chief Investigators
- Professor Anthony Scott, Professorial Research Fellow, Melbourne Institute: Applied Economic & Social Research, The University of Melbourne
- Professor John Humphreys, Emeritus Professor of Rural Health Research, School of Rural Health, Monash University
- Professor Guyonne Kalb, Professorial Research Fellow, Melbourne Institute: Applied Economic & Social Research, The University of Melbourne
- Dr Matthew McGrail, Senior Research Fellow, School of Rural Health, Monash University
Terms of reference
- To act as a source of expert advice on current, medium and long term policy issues that can potentially be examined by MABEL. This will assist in the development and refinement of research questions; help to inform changes to the content of the MABEL survey; and enhance the usefulness and relevance of the research being conducted.
- To advise on cost-effective ways to facilitate knowledge exchange between researchers using MABEL data and those involved in designing and implementing medical workforce policy.
- To advise on the best ways of building research capacity within academia and within organisations involved in designing and implementing medical workforce policy.