Economics of Education and Child Development:
Members of this program have significant experience undertaking research and evaluation projects for partners in government and industry.
Research and evaluation partnership projects
- Early Child Development and Educational Outcomes: Family Background and Parental Characteristics and Behaviour
- Educational Achievement and Measures of School Finances
- Evaluating the National Partnerships in Victorian Government Schools
- Identifying and Characterizing Secondary-School Effects on VCE Outcomes
- Impacts on Post-School Course Choices: What Influences Teenage Students’ Decisions?
- Influences on Early Childhood Educational Outcomes – Childcare and Reading to Children
- Does Reading to Children Give a Head-start in Life?
- Kindergarten Effects on Primary School Educational Outcomes
- NAPLAN and Beyond: How well do NAPLAN Scores Predict the Later Educational Outcomes of Victorian School Students
- Post-Compulsory Education and Training: Do Young People Know What Pays?
- Principals as Managers: How School Management Influences Learning Outcomes
- Relationship between School Funding and Outcomes
- Role of Student Attitudes and Those of Others on Achievement in PIRLS and TIMSS
- Socio-Emotional Development, Speech and Language
- Student Achievements in PISA, TIMSS and NAPLAN – Patterns and Peers
- Peer Effects and Student Achievement in Victorian Schools
- Peer Effects on Student Achievement in NAPLAN
- Student achievement in PISA, TIMSS and NAPLAN – Patterns
- The Effect of Early Numeracy Activity on Later Achievement
- The Effect of School Leaders
- The Gender Gap in STEM: Are Maths Skills the Problem?
- Youth Transitions for Low Achievers
- Reaching Year 12: Student and School Influences
- The Causal Impact of Pre-school Participation and Teacher Qualifications on Year 3 NAPLAN Cognitive Tests