Introduction to the HILDA Survey
Associate Professor Nicole Watson
This 2.5 hour workshop provides an introduction to the Household, Income and Labour Dynamics in Australia (HILDA) Survey. It will be run via Zoom. The training is free to attend but registration is essential.
- Tuesday 15th March 2022, 10:00 am - 12:30 pm AEDT (SOLD OUT)
- Thursday 17th March 2022, 2:00pm - 4:30pm AEDT (SOLD OUT)
- Tuesday 23rd August 2022, 10:00am - 12:30pm AEST
- Thursday 25th August 2022, 2:00pm - 4:30pm AEST
For further details and to register for a date, please follow the register link below.
The workshop aims to give participants an overview of the HILDA Survey, the datasets and documentation. It will cover the following:
- Sample design, following rules and fieldwork
- Survey content
- Response rates
- Datasets and conventions
- Using the documentation and finding variables
- Imputation, weights and data quality
- Creating your own datasets
The training will be in a lecture-style format and there will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions.
The course will be presented by Associate Professor Nicole Watson. She has been part of the HILDA Survey Project team for more than 20 years at the Melbourne Insitute of Applied Economic and Social Research at The University of Melbourne. She has been responsible for a range of survey activities during that time, including the sample design, weighting, imputation and survey management.
If you would like to receive notifications of other training courses, please subscribe to the HILDA mailing list.
If you are interested in this training but are not able to attend this workshop you might find this article helpful: 'Finding your way around the HILDA Survey data' in the December 2021 edition of the Australian Economic Review.