Introduction to the HILDA Survey
This half-day workshop provides an introduction to the Household, Income and Labour Dynamics (HILDA) Survey. It will be run twice, once via Zoom and once via Teams.
Workshop via Zoom:
- Tuesday 10th August 2021, 10:00 am - 12:30 pm AEST
- Thursday 12th August 2021, 10:00 am - 12:30 pm AEST
- Tuesday 24th August 2021, 10:00 am - 12:30 pm AEST
- Thursday 26th August 2021, 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm AEST
Workshop via Microsoft Teams:
- Tuesday 17th August 2021, 10:00 am - 12:30 pm AEST
- Thursday 19th August 2021, 10:00 am - 12:30 pm AEST
- Tuesday 31st August 2021, 10:00 am - 12:30 pm AEST
The workshop aims to give participants an overview of the HILDA Survey, the datasets and documentation. It will cover the following:
* Sample design, fieldwork and following rules
* Survey content
* Response rates
* Datasets and conventions
* Using the documentation
* Creating your own datasets and identifying key variables
* Examples of merging datasets
The training will be in a lecture-style format and there will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions.
The course will be presented by Associate Professor Nicole Watson. She is part of the HILDA Survey Project team at the Melbourne Institute: Applied Economic & Social Research at The University of Melbourne. She has worked on the HILDA project since 2000 and has been responsible for the sample design, weighting, imputation and survey management.
Places are limited to 20 participants in each workshop.
If you would like to receive notifications of future training courses, please subscribe to the HILDA mailing list.
Other training currently available:
Introduction to Panel Data Analysis (Held virtually on Zoom)
Getting Started: Analysing HILDA with Stata (Held virtually on Zoom)