Ordering HILDA Survey Data
Release 15 of the HILDA Survey data, which includes Waves 1 to 15, is now available for purchase. The release DVD includes Stata, SAS and SPSS datasets, with extensive documentation.
Users from all other organisations must sign an Individual Deed of Licence.
- Honours students will only be granted access to the data under an Organisational Licence. Both the student and their supervisor must apply for access to the same dataset independently and must be from the same institution. Supervisors must have independent access to the same or higher level dataset for which the student is applying.
- Research assistants may only be granted access to the data if a senior research officer from the same project has access.
Cost per release
$330 in Australia (including GST)|
$330 if overseas (GST exempt)
$77 in Australia (including GST)|
$121 if overseas (GST exempt)
|Cross-National Equivalence File||US$125|
Completing an order
Read the Fact Sheets
- Licensing Arrangements
- Who is eligible to access the Longitudinal Survey datasets?
- Roles and responsibilities of authorised users
- Roles and responsibilities of supervisors
- Specialist datasets
- Longitudinal Study of Indigenous Children data protocols
- How to complete a Deed and Survey Contact list
- How to acknowledge the Department of Social Services and the relevant survey contract managers
- Security requirements
- Administrative requirements
- Use of Symbol Digits Modalities test data
Deeds of Licence
Complete the appropriate Deed of Licence, filling in all sections highlighted in blue or yellow.
- My organisation already has an Organisational Licence
- Apply for an Organisational Licence
- Apply for an Individual Licence
- Apply for the Cross-National Equivalence File (CNEF)
All users must complete a Deed of Licence, including:
- Individuals – Australian and overseas
- Individuals within an organisation – Australian and overseas
- University of Melbourne staff
Send the forms
Send the completed application forms to:
- DSS will notify you once your application has been approved. They will also notify the HILDA Survey Administrative Assistant, who will contact you regarding payment.
- The HILDA Survey data DVD will only be posted via Express Post (or Express Courier International for overseas users) after payment has been completed via the secure payment system.
- Passwords and any other relevant information required to access the HILDA Survey data will be emailed to the Organisational Delegate.